10 November 2011

The Legacy Continues


Who knew the Rainbow Bridge had internet access?  I’d rather play with the children and my toys than blog, so this will be my last one.

I’m excited to watch the Kolchak, King of the Wolfhounds, tradition continue. I’ll pass the torch, aptly, on Veteran’s Day, 11-11-11. One month exactly from when I said good-bye to earth and hello to Heaven, my successor arrives in Hawai’i.
Continuing the Wolfhound tradition as Kolchak XVI will be an amazing young fellow who has shown the tenacity of a Wolfhound already in his 17 weeks of life. He was one of twelve pups born on 6 July 2011, small, with an in-utero tail injury resulting in the loss of half his tail. At first he struggled a bit with getting enough nourishment, but his human mom, Natasha, kept a watchful eye on him (even in the wee hours) until he was strong enough to keep his spot at the milk bar. Then, at 11 days old, he was the first of all his siblings to open his eyes. Following up on that first, he was first to drink from a plate and first to eat solids like a big boy. Natasha said “small of body and large of brain is Argus.” However, the former didn’t hold true as he soon got a monster appetite and out-grew some of his siblings. His human mom said he has the heart of a lion... she must have meant Wolfhound, but just didn’t know it yet. Mom, Dad, Madeline, Matthew and I think he’s perfect for the job.  
All of you made a place in your heart for me so I know you also will for my successor,  Kolchak XVI, Alyosha Argus, King of the Wolfhounds.  For such a young boy, he is adventurous so he’s going to try his paw at blogging as well.  His blog is at http://kolchakxvi.blogspot.com/  .
It was my honor and pleasure to serve with the 27th Infantry Regiment “Wolfhounds”.
NO FEAR ON EARTH!
Much aloha from the Rainbow Bridge,
Kolchak XV, Hoakoa Korsakov’s Travelin’ Man, King of the Wolfhounds (Ret.)

Sunrise: 2 November 2009
Sunset: 10 October 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment